Timeline of 20th Century Pup PlayFebruary 16, 2018
[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type=”1_2″][/et_pb_column][et_pb_column type=”1_2″][et_pb_button _builder_version=”3.0.102″ button_text=”Return to Puppy Archives” button_url=”pupplay.info/puppy-archive/” url_new_window=”off” button_alignment=”right” background_layout=”light” custom_button=”off” button_icon_placement=”right” /][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.9″]
This is a timeline of significant events and milestones amongst Competitions, social groups and community support that have helped around the global puppy community amongst the 20th Century. This isn’t a complete list and we would love to expand on it. If you have anything to add to it, please email us at [email protected]
- Oldest known photograph of fetishized Animal Roleplay was a woman in Paris, France in 1912 sporting only a leopard print underwear with a cat tail attached.
- Oldest known pup play competition at DinSky (Dungeon in the Sky) London, U. K. In September 95 DinSky saw the first SM Show dog trails. There were just 3 contestants, but the show attracted a lot of interest from the public at that time. It was for this event that The Dog House venue was first launched to test the water of interest.
- SM Show Dog Trials ‘96 Pup Competition: One of the most popular events at DinSky’96 was the SM dog show which was Sponsored by The Doghouse. This event featured 8 human dogs and their handlers who were judged on their appearance, handling, behaviour and the completion of an obstacle course.
- Oldest Known pup workshop held in England at DinSky London, 9 August 1997. “Two dozen hot men attended, some on leash with their Masters. With the able help of Master Bob and dog “Rusty”, demonstrated time-tested techniques for getting your man down to all fours — and back to two legs (reluctantly) — using four-legged bondage, hypnosis techniques, leash work and other technical aspects of bringing a man into the dog head. The workshop also covered the S/M roleplay aspects of canine scenes: emulating dog behaviour, status dynamics and power exchanges, and how life on all fours can have a positive effect on the mind and spirit as well as the body.”
- Oldest known website at thedoghouse.org was founded, it existed till Mid 2007. “This club is for pan-sexual dog boys and bitches – humans with a animal soul. Not forgetting the Owners, Trainers, Masters or Mistresses who like them that way. If you want to explore the animal within, underground SM, are seeking a Master/Owner or slave pup, this is the place for you.” ~The Doghouse team
- First mainstream television mention of fetishized pup play occurred on the tv show ‘Will and Grace’ which was screened on November 1998 (Season 1, Episode 6)
- First ever annual outdoor event called Wildlife Refuge was held near Chicago of August 1999. A campground space for a weekend for different fetish interests including pups to relax and have a chance to express themselves in the outdoors for a weekend. By 2001 they had partnered up with LeatherDog.com to host pup play seminars and workshops at the annual event to help educate newcomers to the pup scene.