This is a timeline of significant events and milestones amongst Competitions, social groups and community support that have helped around the global puppy community amongst the 20th Century. This isn’t a complete list and we would love to expand on it. If you have anything to add to it, please email us at [email protected]
- Oldest known photograph of fetishized Animal Roleplay was a woman in Paris, France in 1912 sporting only a leopard print underwear with a cat tail attached.
- Oldest known pup play competition at DinSky (Dungeon in the Sky) London, U. K. In September 95 DinSky saw the first SM Show dog trails. There were just 3 contestants, but the show attracted a lot of interest from the public at that time. It was for this event that The Dog House venue was first launched to test the water of interest.
- SM Show Dog Trials ‘96 Pup Competition: One of the most popular events at DinSky’96 was the SM dog show which was Sponsored by The Doghouse. This event featured 8 human dogs and their handlers who were judged on their appearance, handling, behaviour and the completion of an obstacle course.
- Oldest Known pup workshop held in England at DinSky London, 9 August 1997. “Two dozen hot men attended, some on leash with their Masters. With the able help of Master Bob and dog “Rusty”, demonstrated time-tested techniques for getting your man down to all fours — and back to two legs (reluctantly) — using four-legged bondage, hypnosis techniques, leash work and other technical aspects of bringing a man into the dog head. The workshop also covered the S/M roleplay aspects of canine scenes: emulating dog behaviour, status dynamics and power exchanges, and how life on all fours can have a positive effect on the mind and spirit as well as the body.”
- Oldest known website at thedoghouse.org was founded, it existed till Mid 2007. “This club is for pan-sexual dog boys and bitches – humans with a animal soul. Not forgetting the Owners, Trainers, Masters or Mistresses who like them that way. The SM/Fetish scene industry has seen ‘Sub/Dom play’ becoming very ‘common-place’ diluting its essence. Still not at ease with true diversity, true SM lifestyle is being driven underground, leaving only frivolous fashion SM left to public view. If you want to explore the animal within, underground SM, are seeking a Master/Owner or slave pup, this is the place for you.” ~The Doghouse team
- First mainstream television mention of fetishized pup play occurred on the tv show ‘Will and Grace’ which was screened on November 1998 (Season 1, Episode 6)
- First ever annual outdoor event called Wildlife Refuge was held near Chicago of August 1999. A campground space for a weekend for different fetish interests including pups to relax and have a chance to express themselves in the outdoors for a weekend. By 2001 they had partnered up with LeatherDog.com to host pup play seminars and workshops at the annual event to help educate newcomers to the pup scene.