Pup play is when one person takes on the role of a pup or handler. The pup acts like their canine counterpart and the trainer, for the most part, handles the pup like he would a biological puppy. For many it serves as a release of the primal animal part of them. It is not bestiality: real animals are not involved.
WELCOME TO PUPPLAY.INFO
The Go-to website for all things pup play, from the basics for newcomers to advice and opinions to inspire those with serious ambition. This is not meant to be taken literally or as a rule-book. This is designed to inspire pups to be the pup they want to become and find resources to help them reach where they want to go in the pup scene.
This is not an online store. This is an ever-growing list of fetish and casual gear created by the community sorted and listed in an unbiased way to help you choose what you want through many brands with all the marketing gimmicks cut out and things listed by their cost, irrespective of brands. Not all pups and handlers like gear but if you do, this is for you.
Popular Puppy Play Guides
- Pup Play 101 – New and improved 2.0 guide for newcomers to puppy play and Pup-curious folk wanting to learn more.
Pup Play Community Archives
- Community Groups Map – Navigate a map to find social groups, major events and pup-friendly venues.
- A Slice of Pup Community History – By Pup Tim (Intl. Puppy 2002)
- A Review of Woof: The Barkumentary – By Tycho Aurora
- 2004 Puppy Manifesto – By Joe “Nipper” Klein
- Timeline of Pup Play on the Internet – By Tycho Aurora
- Timeline of Major Community Milestones 1666-2019 – By Tycho Aurora
- Titleholder Biographies – Curated by Tycho Aurora
- Contest Event Archives – Curated by Tycho Aurora
- Documentary & Media Archives – Curated by Tycho Aurora
- Magazine Archives – Curated by Tycho Aurora
- Oral History & Interviews – Curated by Tycho Aurora
Top 10 Articles of All Time:
- Different Types of Collars & Possible Meanings – By Daddy’s Arms
- Coloured Hoods & The Hanky Code – By Pup Umbreon
- How to Look After Your Puppy – By Bayard Matty
- How Not To Be A Handler – By Ben Reithmuller
- Pup Play Urban Dictionary – By Numerous Volunteers
- 3 Collar System – By Papa Woof Roth
- Pup Gear For The Female Body – By Puppy Girl Willow
- Etsy Stores For Animal Roleplay – By Numerous Volunteers
- 15 Questions – What To Know When Going To Your First Pup Event – By Pup Dane
- What Kind of Handler Are You Looking For? – By Tycho Aurora
- Don’t Be Afraid, Community Leaders are Failures. But That’s Essential – By Tycho Aurora
- Predators and Protectors in the Pup Community – By Ranger
- 2017 Folsom Puppies: Photo Gallery – By Numerous Volunteers
- Advice About Callout Culture – By Pup Amp
- Title Drop – By Justin St Clair
- Pups of 2017: A Social Media Snapshot – By Tycho Aurora
- You Don’t Need A Title – By Ursus
- Jealousy – By Papa Woof Roth
- Competing Against Discrimination – By Tycho Aurora
Fetish & BDSM
- Being Submissive – By Pup Amp
- Consent is Not Black and White… and other helpful mental health tips! – By Pup Thumper
- Submissive Mythology – By Papa Woof Roth
- Tops Disease – By Papa Woof Roth
Gear & Equipment
- Thrifty Thursday – A Guide to DIY Gear Making – By Tycho Aurora
- First Night Sleeping In A Pup Hood – By Tycho Aurora
- Picking The Right Clothing For Puppy Play – By Sir Wolf
- Hood Shaming – By AwkwardPuppyGirl
Gender & Sexuality
- Females in the Pup Play Community – By Puppy Girl Willow
Handlers & Trainers
- Your go-to Guide for Unleashing the Handler Within – By Sir Wolf
- Thoughts of a Handler – By Sir Wolf
- What’s It Like To Collar A Pup? – By Pup Hoodie
- Jumping Into Dynamics – By Handler Blaise
- Don’t Rush The Collar – By Pup Tripp
- Who is Allowed To Reach Out and Be a Mentor? – By Pup Kona
- Handling a Puppy Requires it’s Own Set of Skills – By MasterMarc & Pup Hoodie
- My Headspace: The Internal Dog – By Puppy Girl Willow
- My Experience of Embracing My Inner Doggo – By Doggo Cain
Health & Wellness
- Pup Play for the Blind – By Tycho Aurora
- Disability and Kink – By C. Parker
- Autism & Puppies – By Pho
- Sexual Consent, Bullying, Disabilities & Social Awareness – By Pup Umbreon
- Self-Care and Tips for Pups with Anxiety and Depression – By Pup Eko
- What Kind Of Pup? – By Pup Tim
- Tattoos? What and Why? – By Chomper
- A Take on Pup Identity – By Pup Tripp
- Medieval Pup Names – By John Aberth
Packs, Chosen Family, Relationships & Roles
- Non-Traditional Pack Structures – By Burrpup Ursus
- Service Pups – Who they are – By Sir Wolf
- What is an Alpha? – A Talk on Mentorship – By Pup Kona
- Handlers in Pack Dynamics – By Sir Wolf
- Pack Roles Part 1 – By Handler Blaise
- Packs 101 – By Sir Wolf
Skills & Training
- The Art of Woof: Public Pup Play Lessons – By Tycho Aurora
- The Symbols are Not the Arrival – By Sir Dart
- Public Play – By Papa Woof Roth
- Pup Exams: A Demon or Not? – By Tycho Aurora
- Fun Ways to Pup Out – By Pup Pixel
See what opinions the community has shared with these topics – Names have been shorthanded to protect privacy of users
- Getting Your Own Collar & Name
- What a Collar Can Mean
- Alpha & Beta Switching
- Can an Alpha be Someone Else’s Omega?
- How do you figure out what kind of pup you are
- How did you get your puppy name? Where can I find one that will fit me?
- What Your Handler Style?
- So you want a puppy of your own?
- Headspace Aftercare
- Insertable Tails
- Multiple Hoods
- Pup Play Spectrum
- How BDSM helps me with anxiety and low self-esteem
- Wearing a Collar Without a Handler?
- Longest Time In Headspace?
- Handler Bringing Toys?
- Puppy Relationships
- What Animal Would you be?
- Fur Tails
- Non-Sexual Packs
- Acceptance of Women and Trans men/women
- Wolf Packs In The Pup Community
- I’m a straight male pup. Who wants to experiment in leather. Is that really so odd?
- How Do You Pick Your Pup?
- Having Multiple Pups
- Puppy 101 – By Pup Thumper
- Human Pups at Alpha, Beta, Omega – By Community Volunteers
- Hypnosis – By Watts The Safeword
- PupPlay Livestream With Thumper – By Pup Thumper
- Collared: A Short Film – By The Community
- Pup Play Q&A – By Watts The Safeword
- An Open Letter To The Community – PupPlayArchives.org (Defunct)