The Making of The Book Canis MajorJuly 7, 2018
So i thought it would be a good time to update everyone on the progress of the development of the Canis Major book. While we have had some issues that have slowed down its completion, we are looking at completing it by the end of this year. This isn’t another “this is how I do pup play” book, it is a book that covers more styles and ideas than you can throw a dog bone at. Not only does it include data and statistics from research among the community but also instead of sections of “try it this way” its designed intentionally of a “here are X amount of ways to do the same thing, try some if you like”. Here is so brief points of what you can expect in the book.
- Over 200 pages of content ranging from the 101, to the common fetishes played by pups and handlers.
- An entire section dedicated to community history that has been heavily researched.
- All-inclusive: from straight pups to pups of all sizes, ages, genders and sexualities. We have kept it as gender neutral as possible.
- Hundreds of quotes and opinions from across the community, this is about sharing ideas than teaching a style.
- Explaining different types of gear, how to maintain it and what types we recommend for different types of pup play styles.
- Mini-articles written by volunteers to show niche ideas and techniques.
- Co-authored by a pup and a handler to make sure we get both types of viewpoints.
- Some Sections in The Book: Headspace, Mentorship, Physical & Mental Health, Terminology, Identity, Names, Breeds, Packs, Community, Flags, Community History, Gear Cultures,Gear Maintenance, Competitions, Body Language, Communication, Training, Pup Play Gear & Toys, Mythbusting, Newcomers Guide, Fetishes, Urban Dictionary, Resources.
This book is being published through Nerdy Doggo. This means that any money it makes will be fed back into the community to make even more resources and events.