We are always looking for more volunteers and contributors, if you want to write a one-off article, let us know at https://www.pupplay.info/submissions/ and someone can upload it on your behalf. Your article must follow what is set out in this style manual and be logged in into the website to see and use the submission form below. Anonymous articles are not allowed. Anyone who has an account is eligible to submit articles for consideration.
Version 1.2 – July ’17
Best size of an article is when its long enough to read on a phone on the way to work. So, if it can be read in 5-10 minutes, then its a good length, we aren’t strict on exact word count. Simple paragraph structures are recommended and your more than welcome to add bullet points and lists.
We recommend you add images to the articles you create, we have a selection in our media gallery available to use. To use them:
- Click the cursor in the article you wish to place an image
- Now click the “Add Media” button you see above the content box.
- Scroll through the media library and pick an image, click it.
- In the right side where there is information about the image, pick the “alignment” you want on the article.
- click the “Insert Into Post” button
What Topics Themes We Want Most
Were looking for articles to help inspire the community, to motivate them and help them in their journey of exploring self-expression. There is still many topics not touched on and always looking for guides and strategies to help newcomers and even teach a thing or two to the old-timers 😉
We aren’t here to give all the answers, it is best not to make concrete facts unless you have some form of evidence to back it up. Also keep in mind that this is an international website, if you are writing something that’s relevant to your local area, say so, if not, it can mean anywhere in the world
Opinion articles are not for singular personal opinions, try to get as many opinions on a topic as possible to help show the diversity in the community.
What Themes We Avoid
Articles of personal opinions are avoided, this isn’t a site for personal rants and rage. Try your best to be as specific as possible if you are sharing your opinions, for example “leadership isn’t lacking” can be interpreted in many ways, be specific like “Leadership isn’t lacking in my local area of Wisconsin, but it is in areas like Germany or Taiwan”
If you are writing an article to counter a published article from another author, try your best to be constructive, share ideas that haven’t been shared than being critical by trying to counter points, that kind of message is better to be in the original article comments section.
Sex Advice, BDSM & R18 Topics
These are now allowed on the site but must have prior approval before being published publicly to make sure there is the appropriate R18 consent popup enabled for the article. These may take longer to have published.
We do not allow topics about illegal activities and topics that promote unsafe practices, these include the obvious like bestiality for example. Please respect the wishes of groups out there who do not wish to have their content redristributed (for example, ECKC, Sirius Pups & Pup Safe Project)
Defamations, Accusations & Shaming
We do not allow anyone publishing content to have in their articles any form of defamation, accusation & shaming towards any persons or groups. We choose drama to be a choice, so choose not to be dramatic please.
If anyone has helped you write an article, some mention in some way should be made in the article or at the end. Please don’t place it at the start as it interferes with article previews.
Images already in the media library have already been asked by the copyright owners to be on the website. We recommend you try your best to use these before asking to add any more to the website.
We are major supporters of retaining information about our community, We are trying to archive articles, discussions and content created by the greater community. Here are some guidelines.
- You MUST link to the original source, whether its an active link or not. If you cannot find the original source, you still must declare that you cannot find it. Someone can contact us if they discover the original source.
- In Discussions, especially with Facebook debates, Names must be abbreviated to Initials to protect privacy
- Must have a link and accrediting to the original article/post/discussions at the end of the article.
So What Happens After I Submit An Article?
- Submissions are put through an editorial review for seeing if they follow the style manual
- Articles are then edited for any corrections needed for grammar/spelling
- Final review of article to make sure meaning is preserved then is published.
Articles can take a few hours to appear on the website, up to 7 days. Please be patient.
If you feel that the editorial process has changed the meaning to your article, you are welcome to submit another article. The editorial process has the final say and articles published will not be deleted.